Standards of Excellence
The CHAP Standards of Excellence are designed to help you deliver the best care and services possible. To support organizational excellence, we have developed standards that are easy to understand, relevant and practical.
Through the application of these standards, CHAP strives to help our customers:
- Strengthen internal operations
- Promote continuous quality improvement techniques and systems
- Promote consumer safety, satisfaction and outcomes
- Affirm public trust
- Meet community health needs in a cost-efficient and effective manner
- Maintain the viability of community health practice nationwide
The Standards of Excellence are built on four underlying principles:
- The organization’s structure and function consistently supports its consumer-oriented mission.
- The organization consistently provides high-quality services and products.
- The organization has adequate human, financial and physical resources to accomplish its stated mission and purpose.
- The organization is positioned for long-term viability.
We continually review the Standards of Excellence to ensure they remain relevant for home and community-based health care providers.
We have a rigorous revision process that includes ongoing assessment and feedback, working with industry experts and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with national quality efforts, field-testing and public comment.
CHAP’s Standards Quality Board (SQB) oversees the maintenance and revision to the Standards of Excellence. Current SQB members are:
- Katherine Browne, MBA, MHA, Deputy Director and Chief Operating Officer, Center for Health Care Quality
- Karen Drenkard, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, Chief Clinical/Nursing Officer, GetWellNetwork, Inc.
- Patricia T. Driscoll, BSN, MSN, JD, Professor, Texas Woman’s University
- Gail Gibson Hunt, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Alliance for Caregiving
- John Letizia, ATP, Partner and President, Laurel Medical Supplies
- Elizabeth Madigan, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Professor of Nursing and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University
- Mary Maryland, PhD, MSN, APN-BC, Visiting Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing
- Barbara McCann, MS, Chief Industry Officer, Interim HealthCare Inc.
- Richard Payne, MD, Esther Colliflower Professor of Medicine and Divinity, Duke Divinity School
- Nicole Silverman, MBA, Senior Vice President for Operations, National Quality Forum
- Annette C. Watson, RN-BC, CCM, MBA, Founder and Principal, Watson International Consulting
- Margo Zink, BSN, MSN, PhD, Consultant
CHAP is in the process of performing a comprehensive revision of all standards. The proposed revisions will be available for public comment in late 2015 through early 2016.
For further information about this process, contact email@example.com.