Position: Quality Assurance Business Analyst
Reports To: Vice President of Information Technology
The QA Business Analyst will lead the creation, maintenance, and execution of test plans and test scripts for a variety of applications and technologies. This individual will also gather and document requirements in support of business cases and system requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and verifying that business objectives satisfy intended goals. The QA Business Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes, maximizing the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
• Review, evaluate, and document business processes, quality assurance test plans, and software functionality.
• Understanding of the .Net MVC C# Framework.
• Gathers functional requirements for future software modifications and enhancements.
• Searches for existing software flaws, weaknesses and bugs. Performs regression testing.
• Ensure test coverage across a broad range of environments, testing all elements of the SDLC release process.
• Produces clear, concise use cases, test summary reports, and user manuals.
• Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
• Liaison with Vice President of Information Technology, product owners, and feature requestors to ensure delivery of a high-quality product compatible with release timeline targets.
• Participate in daily SCRUM meetings, and inform software developers on release testing success.
• Test automation using Selenium C# framework and/or SpecFlow a plus.
Education, Training and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Proficiency creating and running repeatable automated tests in Visual Studio 2015, Microsoft Test Manager, and Online Team Foundation Server.
• Experience generating functional requirements documents and writing user stories.
• Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written, and
• Understanding of AGILE/SCRUM development methodologies.
• Knowledge of ASP.NET/C#, MVC, Entity Framework, WPF, and HTML.
• Ability to work and communicate with people of varying levels of technical knowledge.
• A strong desire to be a part of a positive, results oriented team.
This position involves full time work based in the Washington, DC office. Due to the nature of this job, lifting of materials and equipment of up to 50 pounds is required. Extended periods of sitting/standing are required.
Some local and national travel may be required. Speaking fluent English is required, as are excellent writing skills. The candidate must be able to hear, see and comprehend written documents to effectively perform this job. Extensive work on a PC and telephone, at a desk, is required.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume along with a cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.