Careers at CHAP
A Great Place to Work
At CHAP, we pride ourselves on knowing more about home and community-based health care accreditation than anyone in the industry. We recruit and retain the best talent to help us continue this mission.
Why Work at CHAP?
CHAP's mission is to define, verify and advance the highest quality of home and community-based care through its standards, accreditation, education and research. For our employees, this is a call to action — ensuring that we support our approximately 9,000 accredited sites as well as advance the field of community and home health.
CHAP strives to build a culture of professional development and performance management for both personal and professional growth. Our family-like environment provides our employees the opportunity to be who they are, enjoy their colleagues, and work in an atmosphere of individual and shared successes. We offer various comprehensive and competitive benefit packages for eligible employees and their dependents, with options designed to help them make the best decisions for themselves, their families and their lives.
We are people who care.
That's CHAP, and that's our promise to our employees.
2015 Seal of Distinction Award Winner
Our generous benefits package includes:
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flex and dependent care spending accounts
CHAP recognizes that balancing personal and professional lives can be a challenge. That's why we provide support to help our employees manage their personal lives while they build their career.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off
- Transportation benefits
- Credit union
- Cell phone discount plans
- Travel services
- Tuition assistance
CHAP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Careers at CHAP – A Great Place to Work
Become part of a dedicated team of people who care. Together as one team, we are revolutionizing the accreditation experience. CHAP has a place for your skills, ideas and interests, along with an opportunity to help evolve the quality of home and community-based care.
Current job listings are posted below.
Position: Senior Accreditation Manager
Reports To: Vice President, Accreditation
The Senior Accreditation Manager (SAM) is charged with the responsibility of assisting the Directors of Accreditation (DA) with daily operations related to accreditation activities. The SAM works under the direction of the Directors to provide exceptional, timely customer service, Site Visitor support and the continuous improvement of the CHAP customer service experience.
The SAM reports to the Vice President, Accreditation.
A. Provides support to Director of Accreditation on review of Site Visitor (SV) findings/Plans of Correction (POC) for the Home Health & Hospice Accreditation Programs:
1. Monitors the timely submission of Site Visitor findings
2. Reviews SV evidentiary writing/findings for accuracy and completeness against CHAP Standards, as assigned
3. Monitors for timely submission of customers’ POC
4. Engages in thorough review of POC for customers seeking initial and renewal CHAP accreditation, as assigned
5. Informs Directors of untoward matters concerning customers’ POC (such as Condition-level findings for deemed agencies)
B. Communicates pertinent information to customers around POC:
1. Advises organization on the submission of an acceptable POC
2. Provides feedback in writing (telephonically, as necessary) to customers on Action Plans/Monitoring Plans
3. Reviews and determines the acceptability of customers’ POC
4. Monitors own work status and escalates concerns to Director.
C. Provides support to Site Visitors (SV):
1. Triages SV calls to Directors
2. Triages customer calls to Directors
D. Demonstrates accurate application in interpretation of CHAP Standards and Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoP)
E. Promotes positive interdepartmental relationships
F. Participates in and supports the development and deployment of educational offerings for internal site visitors and external customers, as assigned
G. Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Experience as CHAP Site Visitor strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Medicare Home Health and Hospice regulations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in home health, hospice or related community-based care setting
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated interdisciplinary collaboration
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Some work-related travel may be necessary
Position Title: Director of Growth
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Operations and Industry Affairs
The Director of Growth position is responsible for planning and implementing external relations, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through a team.
- Develops and implements, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, Strategic Marketing and Communications Committee, strategic marketing and sales plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners; meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets and guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Plans and oversees, in collaboration with the Vice President of Industry Affairs, advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share; achieving satisfactory profit/loss ratio in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Oversees market research, monitors competitor products, and marketing activities and adjusts strategy to market conditions.
- Establishes and directs sales forecasting activities, performance goals, staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Demonstrate business acumen by exercising sound judgment and keen decision making in alignment with CHAP business interests.
- Exceptional communication ability and capacity to clearly, confidently and concisely connect with clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain Customer/Client Focus, while simultaneously maintaining strong inter-personal, cross-departmental relationships within CHAP.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies by inspiring and motivating others
- Ability to develop and deliver influential presentations.
- Capable of solving problems and analyzing issues from multiple perspectives.
- Strategic thinker who can assess situations and arrive at decisions in the best interests of CHAP and its customers.
- Technical Expertise and broad understanding of accreditation products and services.
This position manages the Assistant Sales Manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.; with a part-time telework option upon completion of 90-day introductory period.
Out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience
- Five (5) years of related experience with progressive management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in the home health and community-based health care market.
- Experience in health care accreditation.
- Master’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
U.S. work authorization required.
For immediate consideration, please submit your résumé, along with a cover letter and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.