Careers at CHAP
A Great Place to Work
At CHAP, we pride ourselves on knowing more about home and community-based health care accreditation than anyone in the industry. We recruit and retain the best talent to help us continue this mission.
Why Work at CHAP?
CHAP's mission is to define, verify and advance the highest quality of home and community-based care through its standards, accreditation, education and research. For our employees, this is a call to action — ensuring that we support our approximately 9,000 accredited sites as well as advance the field of community and home health.
CHAP strives to build a culture of professional development and performance management for both personal and professional growth. Our family-like environment provides our employees the opportunity to be who they are, enjoy their colleagues, and work in an atmosphere of individual and shared successes. We offer various comprehensive and competitive benefit packages for eligible employees and their dependents, with options designed to help them make the best decisions for themselves, their families and their lives.
We are people who care.
That's CHAP, and that's our promise to our employees.
2015 Seal of Distinction Award Winner
Our generous benefits package includes:
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flex and dependent care spending accounts
CHAP recognizes that balancing personal and professional lives can be a challenge. That's why we provide support to help our employees manage their personal lives while they build their career.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off
- Transportation benefits
- Credit union
- Cell phone discount plans
- Travel services
- Tuition assistance
CHAP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Careers at CHAP – A Great Place to Work
Become part of a dedicated team of people who care. Together as one team, we are revolutionizing the accreditation experience. CHAP has a place for your skills, ideas and interests, along with an opportunity to help evolve the quality of home and community-based care.
Current job listings are posted below.
Position Title: Site Visitor RN
Status: Per Diem
Reports to: Director of Accreditation
Under the direction of the Director of Accreditation the Site Visitor plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts community based health care organization accreditation site visits in accordance with CHAP Standards of Excellence, currently with a focus on home health as well as our other service lines. Accreditation activities are executed in accordance with CHAP Policies and Procedures governing the accreditation process. The CHAP Site Visitor ensures the protection of the confidentiality of all related site visit information except as otherwise required by law.
As a member of the accreditation and site visitor team, supports CHAP’s mission, vision, and goals to ensure CHAP is the preferred accreditor of home and community-based care providers and a thought leader.
• Complete site visit requirements and documentation, within CHAP standards and Federal/CMS guidelines, in an organized, accurate, and timely manner.
• Site visit documentation is accurate, correct and complete, with appropriate standard citation and detailed reference to relevant evidence for the purpose of accreditation, validation; monitoring of facilities; and complaint investigations.
• Provide technical assistance to providers regarding CHAP Standards, CMS and other requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of CHAP accreditation process, Standards of Excellence, State and/or Federal Regulations
• Submit required site visit documentation within required time frame.
• Represent CHAP in a professional manner.
• Report availability to CHAP Scheduler in established time-frame; Accept assignments; and confirm travel arrangements in a timely manner.
• Prepare for assignments as appropriate including review agency self-study to assist in planning visit
• Collaborate with team members.
• Provide clarification, verification and quantification of site visit findings.
• Participate in scheduled CHAP meetings in-service training and continuing education programs.
• Work independently and/or with a team of other site visitors.
Education, Training, and Experience
Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in middle to upper management position in a health care field in at least one program or service accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc. (CHAP). Bachelor’s Degree in a related specialty area required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Active RN license to practice in home state, where required by discipline.
• Knowledge of specialty area applicable to assignment, with a current focus on home health (i.e., other to include hospice, private duty nursing, and palliative, etc.); inspection, investigation and regulatory methods; medical terminology and coding; and the principles and operation of health care administration.
• Superior analytical, consultative, conflict resolution, mediation, written and verbal articulation skills.
• Effective critical thinking aptitude with the ability to apply and interpret CHAP Standards and Federal CMS regulations to inspections and/or evaluations of assigned sites.
• Ability to work effectively as part of the accreditation team.
• Successful completion of the CHAP site visitor orientation program which includes: didactic classroom, competency testing and mentored site visit.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to travel independently.
• Excellent communication– written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal. Ability to present oneself in a mature, confident and effective manner.
• Expert level proficiency with computer skills and office applications.
This part time per diem position requires full time independent travel by air or car or other means.
Requires availability of a minimum of ten site visit days per month, exclusive of travel.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume along with a cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com.